Coal is a mineral of organic origin. Minerals are mined in three ways
- - Quarry: Chosen when the rocks are shallow. They note the low quality of the coal mined by the quarry method.
- - Mine: For mining it is necessary to build a number of underground structures. This method is expensive and unsafe.
- - Hydraulic: High pressure fluid jets are used to destroy formations.
In the process of enrichment, coal is brought to the required dimension. There are following types of dimensions:
- - More than 100mm - slab charcoal
- - 50mm-100mm
- - 26mm-50mm
- - 13mm-25mm
- - 6mm-13mm
- - Less then 6mm
The Use of Coal
- - Energy: heating boilers of thermal plants;
- - Construction: coal is used in the process of making cement, limestone, alumina, and also-for the manufacture of roofing, cladding, wall materials;
- - Health Care: used for removing harmful substances form the body in case of poisoning, as well as for purifying water and air.
Some Characteristics of some grade of coal:
Brands: GZh, Zh, K, KO, KSN, KS, OS Class, mm: 0-300 Moisture (Wr)% max, dry basic: 6-10% Ash content (Ad) % max, dry basic: 6-10% Volatile (Vdaf) % max, dry basic: 18-32% Sulfur (Sd) %max: 0.6% Net calorific value, ARB 6500 kcal/kg min
Coal grades: GZhO Class, mm: 0-100 Moisture (Wr) % max, dry basic: 6-8% Ash content (Ad) % max, dry basic: 10-15% Volatile (Vdaf) % max, dry basic: 30-38% Sulfur (Sd) %max: 0.6% Net calorific value, ARB 7000 kcal/kg min